Please follow this guide carefully to correctly start the device for the first time.
- First make sure you have downloaded the DiCEhome app from your smartphone store and complete the registration procedure.
- Make sure you have internet access and turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi.
- From the Home screen click on the "+" symbol at the top right and then "Add Device".
- Then select "DiCE" and choose the room in the house where it will be placed.
- Connect the power supply to the wall socket and the USB cable to DiCE SMART.
- DiCE will turn on with pink light making a luminous trail.
- Scan the QR code below the DiCE SMART or enter the Serial Number manually.
- Then select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect DiCE SMART to, and enter your password.
- If DiCE SMART is able to connect to your Wi-Fi network and there is an internet connection, DiCE SMART will light up green, flashing. Otherwise, in case of any problem, (eg wrong Wi-Fi password) DiCE SMART will flash pink. It will then change to a steady pink light with variable intensity depending on the strength of the Wi-Fi signal.
- Once the connection procedure has been completed, DiCE SMART will go on "aurora" mode and will be is ready for use.
In case of problems during the procedure:
- Uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version available in the Android/iOS App Store.
- Make sure you have the Wi-Fi network active on your smartphone.
- If the network with SSID "DiCEwifi" appears to be SAVED in the Wi-Fi settings, delete it.
- Make sure that the frequency of the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to is 2.4 GHz (NOT 5 GHz).
- Symbols such as # @% etc. in the SSID and password of the Wi-Fi network may cause problems.
DiCE SMART signals the lack of internet connection with a pink color and a "light trail" effect.
The image below shows the choreography performed by DiCE SMART when it happens.
The lack of connection may be due to numerous factors which do not depend on the functioning of DiCE SMART. Among them:
- Temporary disconnection of the Wi-Fi router or lack of power to it;
- Disconnection (even for a short period) of the internet connection;
- Local Wi-Fi network overload;
- High distance or obstacles between Wi-Fi router / access point and DiCE SMART.
If facing the problem, we recommend that you do the following:
- Disconnect DiCE SMART from the power supply for at least 10 seconds, then reconnect it.
- Restart the modem / router or network device.
- Change the channel of the Wi-Fi network. In some areas, the default channels assigned to the wireless network by the router may be very busy, causing interference to connected devices. Switching to a less crowded channel could eliminate interruptions and improve the speed of your internet connection.
- Assign different names to the 2.4 and 5 GHz network, so that fewer devices are connected to each network, thus reducing traffic.