Please follow this guide carefully to correctly start the device for the first time.
- First make sure you have downloaded the DiCEhome app from your smartphone store and complete the registration procedure.
- Make sure you have internet access and turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi.
- From the Home screen click on the "+" symbol at the top right and then "Add Device".
- Then select "DiCE" and choose the room in the house where it will be placed.
- Connect the power supply to the wall socket and the USB cable to DiCE SMART.
- DiCE will turn on with pink light making a luminous trail.
- Scan the QR code below the DiCE SMART or enter the Serial Number manually.
- Then select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect DiCE SMART to, and enter your password.
- If DiCE SMART is able to connect to your Wi-Fi network and there is an internet connection, DiCE SMART will light up green. It will then change to a pink light whose intensity depends on the strength of the Wi-Fi signal.
- Once the connection procedure has been completed, DiCE SMART will go on "aurora" mode and will be is ready for use.
In case of problems during the procedure:
- Uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version available in the Android/iOS App Store.
- Make sure you have the Wi-Fi network active on your smartphone.
- If the network with SSID "DiCEwifi" appears to be SAVED in the Wi-Fi settings, delete it.
- Make sure that the frequency of the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to is 2.4 GHz (NOT 5 GHz).
- Symbols such as # @% etc. in the SSID and password of the Wi-Fi network may cause problems.
Depending on the state DiCE SMART and DiCEhome App are in, we suggest you to proceed as follows.
- DiCE SMART pink with light trail + DiCE not connected in the App:
SOLUTION: Repeat the above mentioned procedure; if it is not successful, perform a factory reset of the device.
- DiCE SMART pink with light trail + DiCE connected to the App:
SOLUTION: From the DiCE SMART screen, click on the 3 dots at the top right, choose "Change Wi-Fi network" and follow the procedure. If it fails, we suggest you to choose "Delete DiCE" and repeat the whole procedure after performing a factory reset.
- DiCE SMART in "Aurora" + DiCE not connected to the App:
SOLUTION: Press the button under the DiCE SMART 3 times with a thin object. This will allow DiCE SMART to switch to the network search mode (pink with light trail). From the Home screen of the App, then, press the "+" symbol at the top right corner and choose "Add Device" from the menu that appears. Select "DiCE" and follow the instructions.
If the procedure is not successful, perform a factory reset of the device.